NICA Sol Ni-Cd batteries are purpose designed to provide the ideal energy storage solution for RES (Renewable Energy Systems) such as PV (photovoltaic) and wind power applications.
- photovoltaic energy systems
- solar & wind hybrid systems
- navigation aids, signalling , offshore and remote lighthouses, beacons and buoys
NICA Sol offers a number of advantages beyond the limits of conventional batteries:
- operation in extreme temperatures: -20 °C to +50 °C (but can tolerate extremes of temperatures of -50 °C to +70 °C)
- long life-cycle
- charge efficiency: performs at any charge of charge
- cycling: achieves 8 000 cycles at 15% depth of discharge
- low maintenance: more than 4 years without topping-up - specifically rated for discharge times from hours to days
- 45 Ah to 1110 Ah
Pocket Plate Technology
Pocket plate: the positive and negative electrodes consist of perforated steel pockets. Nica Sol construction is designed specially for photovoltaic applications.