Sintered plastic bonded negative plates
NPH Range low maintenance Ni-Cd batteries are intended for rail applications that have frequent or infrequent discharges, such as starting and power back-up. The typical discharge range is from 1 second to 30 minutes.
- diesel engine starting
NPH Range batteries are an ideal alternative to VRLA (Valve Regulated Lead Acid) batteries, and provide:
- NPH batteries are designed for applications demanding a relatively high current over short periods and can provide very high currents of up to 20 times the battery's nominal capacity.
- capability to do the same job with a smaller capacity battery, by providing high power in a constrained voltage window
- long lifetime of over 20 years
- no temperature constraints
- high resistance to electrical abuse
- 11 Ah to 320 Ah
Pocket Plate Technology
Sintered / PBE: well-proven sintered positive electrode, a compact plastic bonded negative electrode (PBE).